110 Gk Question and Answer Of Cricket
110 General Knowledge Question about Indian cricket team every cricket lover must know this (Gk) question of Indian cricket team ICC World Cup Very Interesting Question of Indian Cricket Team.
Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers (Quiz 1-20)
1. When did India play its First Test Match?
Answer: 25 June 1932
2. Who was the First Batsman ever to score a century for India in Test Cricket?
Answer: Lala Amarnath Bharadwaj (1933)
3. How many times did India win the Cricket World Cup?
Answer: 2 Times
4. Which Year India won the Cricket World Cup?
Answer: 1983 and 2011
5. Who won the ICC Champions Trophy in 2013?
6. How many times did India go up to the Semi Final of ICC World Cup?
Answer: Four Times (1987, 1996, 2015, 2019)
7. How many teams participated in the ICC World Cup 2019?
Answer: 10 (Ten)
8. Which Countries participated in ICC World Cup 2019?
3) South Africa
4) New Zealand
7) Sri Lanka
8) West Indies
9. Full form of ODI?
Answer: One Day International
10. Which Cricket Team has won the most ICC Cricket World Cup?
Answer: Australia (5 Times)
11) The 1975 World Cup, the first of its kind was played at:
Answer: Lord’s London.
12) When was overarm bowling accepted as legal?
13) What was total number of matches played in the 1975 World Cup?
14) Australia – Who registered their highest individual score?
Answer: David Warner – 166 v Bangladesh.
15) Who won the first World Cup, 1975? ‘
Answer: West Indies.
16) When was the Durham County Cricket Club founded?
17) What was the margin of West Indies victory over Australia in the first (1975) World Cup final?
Answer: 17 runs.
18) Who was the player of the IPL 2017 season?
Answer: Ben Stokes.
19) Which cricketing law classifies throwing to be illegal?
Answer: Law 24.
20) The Ashes – Who scored the highest individual score for each side in 2019?
Answer: Australia – Steve Smith 211, England – Ben Stokes 135.
Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers (Quiz 21-40)
21. Who was the Indian Captain when India won the Cricket World Cup in 2011?
Answer: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
22. Which Cricketer got India’s Highest Civilian Award The Bharat Ratna?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar
23. Who was the Player of the Tournament when India won the World Cup in 2011?
Answer: Yuvraj Singh (362 Runs and 15 wickets)
24. First Indian player to get the Title “Man of the Tournament” in the ICC World Cup?
Answer: Sachin Tendulkar (2003)
25. What is the name of the Award for Top Wicket Take in the ICC World Cup?
Answer: Golden Ball Award
26. What is the name of the Award for Top Run Scorer in the ICC World Cup?
Answer: Golden Bat Award
27. When did the First ICC World Cup take place?
28. After how many years does the ICC World Cup take place?
Answer: 4 Years
29. When was Anil Kumble awarded as the Top wicket-Taker in ICC World Cup?
30. Who is the Youngest Player in the ICC World Cup 2019?
Answer: Mujeeb Ur Rahman
31. How many times did India host ICC World Cup Tournament?
Answer: 3 Times (Co-Hosted)
32. Which Country hosted the most ICC World Cup Tournaments?
33. When is the next ICC World Cup?
Explanation: India will host ICC World Cup in 2023
34. Who will host the next ICC World Cup in 2023?
35. Who is the present Captain of the Indian Cricket Team?
Answer: Virat Kohli
36. Who is the present Coach of the Indian Cricket Team?
Answer: Ravi Shastri
37. With which Country did India play its First Test Match?
Answer: England (1932)
38. Which country Played with India in their First ODI?
Answer: England (1974)
39. When did India Appear First in the World Cup?
40. Which Indian cricketer won the “Man of the Match” Award in 1983 ICC World Cup?
Answer: Mohinder Amarnath
Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers (Quiz 41-60)
41. Name of the First Indian Cricket Club Established by Indians?
Answer: Oriental Cricket Club
42. Full-Form of IPL?
Answer: Indian Premier League
43. Who is the King of IPL?
Answer: Mahendra Singh Dhoni
44. Which IPL team has most Fans?
1) Chennai Super Kings
2) Mumbai Indians
3) Kolkata Knight Riders
4) Royal Challengers Bangalore
5) Delhi Daredevils
45. When did the First IPL take place?
Answer: 18 April 2008
46. How many Teams played in the First IPL?
Answer: 8 (Eight)
47. Who won the First IPL in 2008?
Answer: Rajasthan Royals
48. How many Overs are played in IPL?
Answer: 20 Overs
49. How many Overs are played in T20?
Answer: 20 Overs
50. How many Overs are played in ICC World Cup?
Answer: 50 Overs
51) Which country has played the maximum number of one day matches?
52) What Indian cricketer is called “Zak” or “Zippy Zakky”?
Answer: Zaheer Khan.
53) Name the cities in India where Test cricket has been played on more than one ground:
Answer: Mumbai and Chennai.
54) On which ground did Jim Laker take 19 wickets in a Test?
Answer: Old Trafford, Manchester, 1956.
55) Name the first captain of the West Indies team:
Answer: Karl Nunes.
56) Name the player who was called “Harmy”?
Answer: Steve Harmison.
57) Name the captains of the first Women’s Test match in 1934-35:
Answer: Margaret Peden (Australia) and Betty Archdale (England).
58) What town are the Surrey County Cricket Club based in?
59) The name of the Triangular Tournament played in Australia every year is the:
Answer: Benson & Hedges World Cup Series.
60) Who is “Two meters Peter”?
Answer: Peter Fulton.
Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers (Quiz 61-80)
61) The first Asia Cup was held at:
Answer: Sharjah, 1984.
62) When was the Mumbai Indians club founded?
63) Who has the credit of captaining India to her first overseas victory?
Answer: Mansoor Ali Khan Pataud against New Zealand.
64) The Ashes – Who bowled the first ball of the 2019 series?
Answer: James Anderson.
65) What is the distance of the inner circle for the purposes of field restrictions in One Day Limited overs matches?
Answer: 30 yards.
66) Name the Australian batsman whose great-grandfather also represented his country.
Answer: Paul Shehan. His great-grandfather, W. H. Cooper.
67) Define a ‘wide ball’ in Limited overs matches:
Answer: A ball moving two feet wide either side of the wicket is adjusted a “Wide Bail”.
68) Who is called “Noffers”?
Answer: Ashley Noffke.
69) What was the score of Gary Sobers in his only One Day International?
Answer: Zero runs at Headingley Leeds (1974).
70) India first played against the West Indies in a One Day International at:
Answer: Edgbaston, Birmingham in 1979.
71) Name the oldest player in One Day Internationals:
Answer: Norman Gifford (44 years 360 days) played against Pakistan at Sharjah during 1984-85.
72) Name the only Indian player to have won a ‘Man of the Match’ award in three consecutive matches against ngland, West Indies and Pakistan:
Answer: Mohinder Amarnath.
73) What was the unique thing about India’s victory at Old Trafford, Manchester (1983)?
Answer: It was West Indies’ first ever defeat in World Cup matches.
74) West Indian cricketer Fidel Edwards is better known as?
75) Name the father and son duo who have captained India in Tests:
Answer: Iftikhar Ali Khan Pataudi and Mansoor Ali Khan Pataudi.
76) When were Test Matches first televised?
Answer: 1938 in England.
77) Who is the heaviest cricketer of all times?
Answer: Warwick Armstrong.
78) Who was the first bowler to create a hat-trick at Lord’s?
Answer: George Giffen.
79) Who does the best batting average in a test career belong?
Answer: Don Bradman.
80) Who is the first captain to win the toss on all five tests?
Answer: F.S. Jackson.
Cricket Quiz Questions and Answers (Quiz 81-100)
81) Name the only cricketer to score five centuries in five successive innings:
Answer: Everton Weekes.
82) Who is the only batsman to have hit a century in each innings of a Test thrice?
Answer: Sunil Gavaskar.
83) Which trophy is awarded to the winner of the West Indies Vs Australia Test Series?
Answer: Worrell Trophy.
84) Which trophy is awarded to the winner of the West Indies Vs England Test Series?
Answer: Wisden Trophy.
85) Who has been the first hat-trick recorded in Test?
Answer: Fred Spofforth.
86) The ‘Guinness Book of Records’ gave a memorable nickname to Kapil Dev. Can you say that nickname?
Answer: Haryana Hurricane.
87) ‘Sunny Days’ is a well-known autobiography of a world-famous player. Name him:
Answer: Sunil Gavaskar.
88) Which Australian city has a cricket ground called the Oval?
89) Who was the only player to be dismissed at 99 in the Indo-New Zealand Test Series?
Answer: Rusi Surti.
90) Who was India’s Captain when they first won over Australia?
Answer: Gulabrai Ramchand.
91) The only instance in first class cricket when father and son umpired a match was:
Answer: In 1960-61, the duo being M.G Vijaya Sarthy and M. V. Nagendra.
92) This cricketer was declared out “handled the ball” in a Test against India. Name him:
Answer: Desmond Haynes.
93) Two school boys, now full-fledged cricketers, who created a world record by a total score of 664 runs in a school match in Bombay. Name them:
Answer: Vinod Kambli and Sachin Tendulkar.
94) Which was the longest test ever played?
Answer: The 5th Test at Durban, South Africa Vs England (1939).
95) He is the first Indian to score a Test debut century in a match won by India. Name him:
Answer: Surinder Amarnath.
96) Australia’s first captain:
Answer: Dave Gregory.
97) Which English Captain was also a famous violinist?
Answer: Tony Lewis.
98) Who was England’s fist Captain?
Answer: James Lillywhite.
99) Who Captained India to victory in the World Cup in 1983?
Answer: Kapil Dev.
100) Name the two umpires in the first-ever One Day International:
Answer: T.F. Brooks and Lou Rowan.
ICC World Cup Base Question And the answer
101. How many teams are participating in the ICC World Cup 2019?
Explanation: There are 10 teams participating in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. There name s are; England, India, South Africa, New Zealand, Australia, Pakistan, Sri Lanka, West Indies, Bangladesh and Afghanistan.
102. Which cricket team has won most ICC Cricket World Cup titles?
(a) West Indies
Explanation: There are 11 World Cup tournaments being held till date. Australia is the most successful country which has won 5 World Cup titles. India & West Indies are the only two countries which have won 2World Cup titles.
103. Which of the following country did not won the ICC Cricket World Cup (50 over format) title so far?
(b) South Africa
(c) New Zealand
(d) All of the above
Explanation: England, South Africa and New Zealand did not won any ICC Cricket World Cup title so far
104. Which of the following Indian player have got first “Man of the Tournament” Award in the ICC Cricket World Cup?
(a) Sachin Tendulkar
(b) Yuvraj Singh
(c) Mohinder Amarnath
(d) M.S. Dhoni
Explanation: Since 1992, at the end of the World Cup, one player is declared as ‘Man of the Tournament’. Sachin Tendulkar and Yuvraj Singh are only two Indian who have won ‘Man of the Tournament’ award. Sachin was the first Indian player who won it first time.
105. When was first ICC cricket World Cup started?
Explanation: The very first ICC cricket World Cup was played in England in 1975. West Indies won the both initial ICC World Cups held in 1975 and 1979. India has won this tournament by defeating West Indies in the final in 1983.
106. Which of the following statement is NOT correct about the ICC cricket World Cup?
(a) It is played after the gap of every 4 years.
(b) The “Man of the Match” award in the ICC cricket World Cup was started in the 1992.
(c) Pakistan and Sri Lanka are the other two countries that have won the World Cup in 1992 and 1996 respectively.
(d) England is the only country which lost 2 ICC World Cup finals.
Explanation: The “Man of the Match” award in the ICC cricket World Cup was started in the 1975. Clive Llyod was the first “Man of the Match” in Final of ICC Cricket World Cup of 1975.
107. Who is the youngest player in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019?
(a) Jonny ‘Blaze’ Bairstow
(b) Yuzvendra chahal
(c) Mujeeb ur Rahman
(d) Kagiso Rabada
Explanation: Eighteen year old Mujeeb ur Rahman of Afghanistan is the youngest cricketer in the ICC World Cup 2019.
108. Which Indian cricketer had won the “Man of the Match” award in the final of the ICC World Cup 1983?
(a) Kapil Dev
(b) Sunil Gavaskar
(c) Ravi Shastri
(d) Mohinder Amarnath
Explanation: Mohinder Amarnath was declared “Man of the Match” award in the final of the ICC World Cup 1983. He took 3 wickets after spending 12 runs and made 26 runs.
109. Who was the captain of the Indian cricket team in the ICC World Cup 1983?
(a) Sunil Gavaskar
(b) Kirti Azad
(c) Kapil Dev
(d) None of these
Explanation: Kapil Dev was the captain of the Indian cricket team in the ICC World Cup 1983. In the final of ICC World Cup 1983; Kapil made 15 runs in 8 balls and took 1 wicket after spending 21 runs in the 11 over.
110. Which of the following country has hosted the ICC World Cup most times?
(d) West Indies
Explanation: England has hosted the ICC World Cup 5 times. India has hosted in 3 times in collaboration with other countries. But India will host this mega event alone in 2023.
Indian Cricket Team Gk Question.
You Must Like This Article also Read It Now: