Daily Current Affairs Question and Answer :
September 2, 2021
1. Which organization issues the Quarterly House Price Index (HPI)?
Answer – Reserve Bank of India
✔️The Reserve Bank releases a quarterly Housing Price Index (HPI) based on transaction-level data received from housing registration authorities in 10 major cities.
✔️The cities are Ahmedabad, Bengaluru, Chennai, Delhi, Jaipur, Kanpur, Kochi, Kolkata, Lucknow and Mumbai.
According to RBI data, the growth of All India House Price Index (HPI) declined to 2% in the first quarter of the current fiscal from 2.8% last year.
✔️HPI growth ranged from an expansion of 8.8% (Ahmedabad) to a contraction of -5.1% (Chennai).
2. Supertech twin tower case, which was in news recently, is related to which state?
Answer – Uttar Pradesh
✔️Supreme Court orders demolition of twin towers violating building by-laws in Supertech’s Emerald Court housing project in Noida.
✔️The court also ordered that the towers be demolished within three months for violation of building norms in agreement with the district authorities.
✔️Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath has demanded an investigation and strict action against the guilty officials in Noida in the illegal twin tower case.
3. Mariyappan Thangavelu and Sharad Kumar, who won medals in Tokyo Paralympics, are associated with which sport?
Answer – High Jump
✔️Mariyappan Thangavelu and Sharad Kumar won silver and bronze medals respectively in the high jump event at the Tokyo Paralympics.
✔️Mariyappan Thangavelu also won a gold medal in the Rio Paralympics.
✔️With this performance, India’s medal tally in the event has gone up to 10.
✔️This is the first time that India has won double-digit medals in Paralympic Games.
✔️India won a total of 12 medals from the 1968 edition to 2016.
4. Which country has passed the world’s first law to force tech companies to offer alternative payment systems?
North – South Korea
✔️South Korean lawmakers passed the world’s first law to force companies like Google and Apple to offer alternative payment systems on their App Stores.
5. Dale Steyn, who announced his retirement from international cricket, is from which country?
North – South Africa
✔️The great South African fast bowler Dale Steyn has announced his retirement from cricket after a career spanning almost 16 years.
✔️Stein retired from Test cricket last year as South Africa’s highest wicket-taker with 439 wickets.
✔️The bowler was named in the ICC Test Team of the Decade and holds the record for the fastest 400 Test wickets.
Steyn has played 93 Tests, 125 ODIs and 47 T20 Internationals for South Africa since making his debut for South Africa on 17 December 2004.
6. 2nd September
Ans – World Coconut Day
World Coconut Day is observed on 2nd September every year to make people aware of the importance of this crop in poverty reduction. This day also commemorates the formation day of the Asian Pacific Coconut Community (APCC).
7. Which Windows won’t update on Microsoft’s older CPUs?
Ans. Windows 11
8. Sania Mirza and Christina McHale were runners-up in the title match of the Cleveland Open tennis tournament with which player did they meet?
Ana. Shuko Oyama and Ana Shibahara
9. Aditi Ashok is related to which sport?
Ans. Indian golfer
10. Which day was celebrated on 30th August all over India?
Ans. National Smell Industry Day
11. In which country Indian company AFCONS has signed a contract for the biggest ever infrastructure project?
12. Which Bollywood actor has been appointed by Arvind Kejriwal as the brand ambassador of the “Desh Ke Mentor” campaign?
Ans. Sonu Sood
13. The Governor of which state Banwarilal Purohit has been given the additional charge of the new Governor of Punjab?
Ans. Tamil Nadu
14. In which state has Smt Nirmala Sitharaman inaugurated 132/3/1 KW Mohanpur sub station?
15. In how many meters air rifle gold medal has been won by Indian shooter Avani Lekhara in Tokyo Paralympics?
Ans. 10 Meters
16. Name the Sports Minister of India who has launched Fit India mobile application?
Ans. Anurag Singh Thakur
17. Which ministry has launched Y-Break app from Vigyan Bhawan?
Ans. Ministry of AYUSH
18. The web version of the e-GOPALA application developed by has been launched?
Ans. National Dairy Development Board
19. Which aerospace company has launched Ants, Avocado and Robotic Arm for the Space Station?
Ans. Space X
20. When is National Nutrition Day and Non-Alignment Day celebrated?
Ans. 1st September