Daily Current Affairs Question and Answer : September 5, 2021
1) Shooter Manish Narwal broke the Paralympic record to win India’s third gold medal at the ongoing Tokyo Games, while compatriot Sinhraj Adana won the silver medal and took a sensational one-two for the country.
The 19-year-old Narwal, who holds the world record in the category, shot a total of 218.2, a Paralympic record, to claim the yellow metal in the P4 mixed 50m pistol SH1 event in his first Games.
2) The New Development Bank (NDB), set up by a grouping of BRICS countries, has accepted the United Arab Emirates, Uruguay and Bangladesh as the first batch of new members as part of its expansion drive.
BRICS – Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa.
3) Atul Bhatt has been appointed as the Chairman and Managing Director (CMD) of the disinvestment-owned steel company Rashtriya Ispat Nigam Limited (RINL).
Bhatt was the CMD of state-owned consultancy firm MECON, which provides a full range of services required to set up a project from concept to commissioning, including turnkey execution.
4) Young Indian shooter Avani Lekhara won the bronze medal in the R8 women’s 50m rifle 3 positions SH1 event with a score of 445.9 in the final. Earlier, R-2 had created a 19-year-old history by winning gold in the women’s 10m Air Rifle Standing SH1 event. With this she is the first woman to win two medals at the Paralympic stage.
5) Defense Minister Rajnath Singh and Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani in a meeting in Kevadiya jointly reviewed the preparations for DefExpo-2022 to be held for the first time in Gujarat.
The 12th edition of DefExpo, India’s flagship event showcasing land, naval, air as well as homeland security systems, will be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat from March 10 to 13, 2022.
Chief Minister :- Vijay Ramniklal Rupani
Governor :- Acharya Devvrat
6) India’s young para high jumper Praveen Kumar won silver medal in men’s high jump T64 event in which he set a new Asian record of 2.07m.
The Asian record of 2.07m saw Kumar securing a podium finish behind Great Britain’s Jonathan Broome-Edwards, who achieved his season-best 2.10m for the gold.
7) Chandigarh Railway Station has become the fifth station in India to get this recognition.
Chandigarh Railway Station was awarded a 5-star ‘Eat Right Station’ certification for providing high quality, nutritious food to the passengers.
8) Power Grid Corporation of India Limited (Power Grid), a Maharatna CPSU under the Ministry of Power, Government of India has been awarded the prestigious “Association for Talent Development (ATD) 2021 Best Award” by securing 8th rank out of 71 organizations has gone. Worldwide, thus becoming the only PSU to win the award and one of only two companies from India in the top 20.
9) A new low-cost, integrated composting technology has been developed, which incorporates microbe-aided vermistabilization.
It can convert toxic sludge from textile industry into plant probiotics in a short time.
10) The Karnataka government will prepare a special program to focus on the health and education of children and women in Raichur, Yadgir and Kalaburagi districts of the state.
Chief Minister :- Basavaraj Bommai
Governor :- Thaawarchand Gehlot
Formation :- 1 November 1956
Port :- New Mangalore Port
11) Rajya Sabha Chairman M Venkaiah Naidu appointed Dr. Parasaram Pattabhi Keshav Ramacharyulu as the new Secretary General of the Upper House of Parliament.
Ramacharyulu has been working as Secretary in the Rajya Sabha Secretariat since 2018 and will succeed Desh Deepak Varma, who stepped down after serving four years.
12) Harvinder Singh won India’s first archery medal at the Paralympics, defeating Korea’s Kim Min Su in a thrilling shoot-off for the men’s individual recurve bronze.
World No. 23 Singh was the first athlete from India to win a gold medal in a major para competition at the 2018 Asian Games.
13) In an effort to ease the electronic payment of taxes and dues, the Odisha government has launched a new platform.
In the new system, e-Receipt 2.0, payment gateway service providers of Indian Bank and Axis Bank were integrated with the Odisha Treasury Portal.
Chief Minister of Odisha – Naveen Patnaik
Governor – Ganeshi Lal
Similipal Tiger Reserve
Satkosia Tiger Reserve
Nalbana Bird Sanctuary
14) India and the US held a bilateral 2+2 inter-sessional meeting in Washington DC and exchanged assessments on developments in South Asia, the Indo-Pacific region and the western Indian Ocean.
The two sides reviewed the progress made since the last 2+2 ministerial talks held in October 2020 and preparations for the upcoming talks later this year.
15) In a significant decision, the Maharashtra government has decided to set up a world-class science city near Pune, under a Central scheme to inculcate the scientific spirit among students and prepare future scientists.
➨ The proposed complex will be named “Bharat Ratna Rajiv Gandhi Science Innovation City” and shall be developed on an 8-acre complex in the Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation jurisdiction.
CM – Uddhav Thackeray
Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshiyari
16) Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu launched two credit-linked schemes in the State to boost agriculture and horticulture sectors and to ensure doubling of farmer’s income.
➨State-level and district-level committees have been constituted for selection of beneficiaries for the schemes.
◾️Arunachal Pradesh :-
➨CM :- Pema Khandu
➨Governor :- B. D. Mishra
➨Namdapha Tiger Reserve
➨ Kamlang Tiger Reserve
➨Mouling National Park