Current Affairs: Exam Related Current Affairs with Static Gk : 08 September 2021
For SSC, BANKINGH, CLAT, RAILWAYS, RPSC, BPSC, UPSC, MPPSC, MPSC, KPSC, TNPSC, GPSC etc Exams
1) Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani jointly reviewed the preparations for DefExpo-2022, to be held for the first time in Gujarat, at a meeting in Kevadia.
➙The 12th edition of DefExpo, which is India’s flagship event showcasing the land, naval, air as well as homeland security systems, will be held in Gandhinagar, Gujarat between March 10 and 13, 2022.
➨ CM :- Vijay Ramniklal Rupani
➨Governor :- Acharya Devvrat
2) In a glittering ceremony that reflected the whole government approach of PM Modi and saw the participation of his six cabinet colleagues, Union Minister of Ayush Sarbanand Sonowal launched the ‘Y-Break’ mobile application at Vigyan Bhawan.
➨The five-minute Yoga protocol, especially designed for working professionals to de-stress, refresh and re-focus at their workplace to increase their productivity, consists of Asanas, Pranayam and Dhyana.
3) Separatist leader Syed Ali Shah Geelani passed away at his residence in Srinagar.
➨ Born on September 29, 1929 in Sopore, Geelani had served as chairman of Hurriyat for many years and was known as a hardline separatist leader who headed Hurriyat (G) group.
➨ He was an elected member of the J&K legislative assembly, representing the Sopore constituency in north Kashmir in 1972, 1977 and 1987.
4) Madhya Pradesh cabinet has decided to appoint Vivek Sagar Prasad, a member of the Olympic bronze medal-winning Indian Hockey Team as Deputy Superintendent of Police (DSP).
➨CM – Shivraj Singh Chouhan
➨Governor – Mangubhai Chhaganbhai
➨Buddhist Monument at Sanchi
5) A Bangladeshi vaccine scientist and a microfinance pioneer from Pakistan were among the five recipients of this year’s Ramon Magsaysay Award — regarded as the Asian version of the Nobel Prize.
6) Bestselling literary fiction author Sabarna Roy has been honored with the prestigious Times Excellence Award.
➨ A technocrat by profession, Roy’s keen observation and detailed sketches of the human mind shine through his literature, proving him to be a literary scientist of sorts who follows no conventions when it comes to soulful writing.
7) Karnataka government will formulate a special programme to focus on the health and education of children and women in Raichur, Yadgir and Kalaburagi districts of the state.
CM :- Basavaraj Bommai
Governor :- Thawarchand Gehlot
Formation :- 1 November 1956
Language :- Kannada
Port :- New Mangalore Port
8) Rajya Sabha chairman M Venkaiah Naidu appointed Dr. Parasaram Pattabhi Kesava Ramacharyulu as the new secretary general of the Upper House of Parliament.
➨ Ramacharyulu has been working as secretary in the Rajya Sabha Secretariat since 2018 and succeeds Desh Dipak Verma, who demitted office after serving for four years.
9) The Indian Navy sealed a contract with defence PSU Bharat Electronics Limited (BEL) for the supply of the first indigenously developed Naval Anti Drone System (NADS).
➨The NADS, developed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and manufactured by BEL, is the first indigenously developed anti-drone system to be inducted into the Indian armed forces.
▪️Ministry of Defence :-
➨Headquarters – New Delhi
➨Founded – 15 August 1947
➨Navy day – 4 December
➨Chief of Defence Staff (CDS):- General Bipin Rawat
➨ Chief of the Navy Staff – Admiral Karambir Singh
10) Bihar government has decided to introduce “catch-up” courses for flood-affected students in the state.
✸Bihar CM – Nitish Kumar
➭ Governor – Phagu Chauhan
➭Mangala Gowri Temple
➭Mithila Shakti Peeth Temple
➭Valmiki National Park
11) Life Insurance Corporation of India has inaugurated the ‘Ananda’ mobile app for the Digital paperless solution for new business processes.
✸Life Insurance Corporation (LIC) :-
➨Founder – Government of India
➨Founded – 1 September 1956
➨Headquarters – Mumbai
12) Indore district administration claimed to have carried 100 per cent first dose inoculation of Covid-19 vaccine in eligible candidates, making Indore the first district in the country with over 10 lakh population to achieve the distinction.
13) In an effort to enhance electronic payment of taxes and dues easier, the Odisha government rolled out a revamped platform.
➨In the new system, e-Receipt 2.0, payment gateway service providers of Indian Bank and Axis Bank were integrated with the Odisha Treasury portal.
▪️Odisha CM – Naveen Patnaik
➨ Governor – Ganeshi Lal
➨ Similipal Tiger Reserve
➨ Satkosia Tiger Reserve
➨ Bhitarkanika Mangroves
➨ Nalabana Bird Sanctuary
14) India and the US held a bilateral 2+2 Inter-sessional meeting in Washington DC and exchanged assessments on developments in South Asia, the Indo-Pacific region and the Western Indian Ocean.
➨ Both sides reviewed the progress made since the last 2+2 Ministerial Dialogue held in October 2020 and preparations for the forthcoming dialogue later this year.
15) In a significant decision, the Maharashtra government has decided to set up a world-class science city near Pune, under a Central scheme to inculcate the scientific spirit among students and prepare future scientists.
➨ The proposed complex will be named “Bharat Ratna Rajiv Gandhi Science Innovation City” and shall be developed on an 8-acre complex in the Pimpri-Chinchwad Municipal Corporation jurisdiction.
CM – Uddhav Thackeray
Governor – Bhagat Singh Koshiyari
16) Arunachal Pradesh Chief Minister Pema Khandu launched two credit-linked schemes in the State to boost agriculture and horticulture sectors and to ensure doubling of farmer’s income.
➨State-level and district-level committees have been constituted for selection of beneficiaries for the schemes.
◾️Arunachal Pradesh :-
➨CM :- Pema Khandu
➨Governor :- B. D. Mishra
➨Namdapha Tiger Reserve 🐅
➨ Kamlang Tiger Reserve 🐅
➨Mouling National ParkJoin Us on Telegram