India is a vast country with a population of over 1.2 billion people. According to the 2011 census, the population of India is 1,210,854,977. It is divided into 28 states and 7 union territories.
Each Indian state has its own distinct culture, language and cuisine.
The United States is a federal republic consisting of 50 states, each with its own distinct culture, language and cuisine.
India is home to some of the world’s most iconic landmarks and natural wonders, including the Taj Mahal, the Himalayas and the Ganges river.
- The Taj Mahal
- The Himalayas
- The Ganges River
The country has a rich history and a rich tapestry of religions, including Hinduism, Islam, Sikhism and Buddhism.
1.7% of eligible Australians identified Sikhism as their religion when asked the question on the 2016 Census.
In 2016, there were 23,400 Hindus in Australia.
Islam is the largest non-Christian religion with 604,200 adherents.
Buddhism is the fourth largest religion in Australia with a total of 563,179 adherents.
India is a land of contrasts, with a vibrant and modern economy side by side with traditional rural villages.
On one hand, India is home to some of the most cutting-edge companies in the world, such as Tata Consultancy Services and Infosys. On the other hand, over 70% of the population still lives in rural areas, and many of them rely on subsistence farming.
The contrast between these two sides of India is one of the things that makes the country so fascinating. It’s also one of the reasons why India is such a difficult country to generalize about.
If you’re interested in learning more about India, we recommend checking out our country profile and our articles on the economy, culture, and history of India.
- It is a place of soaring Achievement and breathtaking beauty.
- A place of grace and charm and friendly people:
- A place of peace and quiet and gentle serenity:
- And it is all because of you:
- Blessedly, from your mountain top, you watch over us.”
- -The poem reads: “
- In answer to your question of where I am from, I am from here:
- From the green, rolling hills and the deep blue skies:
- From the trees and the rivers, the sun and the stars:
- From the laughter and the tears, the love and the pain:
- From the highs and the lows, the good times and the bad:
- From the people and the places, the memories and